UF - HPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Powered Submarine forums - http://hps.mae.ufl.edu/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Control Surfaces

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcos
I do important things of importance
Marcos

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 am

Stuff about Fins, Flow-trippers, etc. go here.
Back to top Go down
Brandon
I push buttons with letters
Brandon

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

I spoke with Lind today for about 15 minutes. He said he's on board to help us with whatever he can regarding controls. We just need to give him a time to meet up or just swing by his office. This can be pretty helpful and it's very generous of him considering he's the adviser of AIAA. I guess he just doesn't care about Hybrid Rocket or DBF.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=2012206&ref=pro
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, how many years has it been since hybrid rocket team actually launched a rocket?
Back to top Go down
Brandon
I push buttons with letters
Brandon

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Hybrid team is about to get their stuff tossed out, as well as DBF or at least moved. Jeff told me today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=2012206&ref=pro
Blue
Ok....now im just wasting time
Blue

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:43 am

Subrat informed me that he needs you to finish working on the control surfaces as well as the way you will be attaching them onto the sub. This week I will be calling connector companies as well as some of the major electrical stuff he wants so we can purchase them next week. Marcos you should talk to Subrat and figure out when he needs this by.
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 am

OK, I'll try and get in contact with him ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 am

ATTN: Solidworks models of fins and elevators are finished. Most of you were e-mailed a copy of 'em, including Turner, even though he has no program capable of seeing them... but I love flooding a person's inbox.

I will be working on the servo-fin connections/mechanism (linkages, etc.) and the rudder assembly after I finish my homework due Wednesday. Also, because I have have it all ready to present by April 1st.
Back to top Go down
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 am

awesome! You know you can make your parts into pdfs? There's no handy little icon for it like in proe, but you just do save as and change the file type to pdf.

let me know if you need help this week.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Marcos are you creating a display board for your findings? If so I would like to host your board in front of the ASME lounge to promote the team as well as show the rest of the University we arent completely incompetent. I would also like a word file of the report or any format you are creating it in so I can update the ufhps brochure.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 pm

One more thing I am assuming that after your presentation you will be ready to build correct?

Love you
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 pm

OK...

1) There isn't a report per se; but I can give you the ppt presentation and you can do what you want with it; most of it will be design pictures and a few equations and relationships with graphs.

2) Yes, I suppose, you can take my board and display it.

3) I should be ready to start building, yes.

I think that covers it.
Back to top Go down
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Marcos explained his rudder design:

"Flap is moving, main rudder section could be fixed. Alternatively both could move, the flap rotates counter to the main adding extra curvature. The main rudder is connected directly to the servo, while the flap is mechanically linked to main rudder. You're going to have to play with the linkage to get the right give. Aim for rudder deflection of 8 to 10 degrees. Aim for flap deflection of 2 to 4 compared to main rudder. Hope this helps. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Control Surfaces Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control Surfaces   Control Surfaces Empty

Back to top Go down

Control Surfaces
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UF - HPS :: HPS :: Submarine Forum :: Control surfaces-
Jump to: