UF - HPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Powered Submarine forums - http://hps.mae.ufl.edu/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pressure Transducer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue
Ok....now im just wasting time
Blue

Pressure Transducer Empty
PostSubject: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

So Subrat has informed me that the new PCB has been tested and its ready to be made for hps. He is sending me a list of the parts required for the board to purchase some time this week or next. We need to finalize the design of the enclosure so we can build it and cross that off the list of stuff to do.

Things left to do for the enclosure...
Design the pressure transducer side to accommodate using Aluminum.
Determine if the enclosure needs to reopened from the transducer side.

Purchase rapid prototype materials for the trays? Or send it to company?
Back to top Go down
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Well, we need rapid prototype material anyways for the prop. And what about the fin designs Marcos is giving me? Have we decided on a material for that yet?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:21 pm

We don't necessary need the RPT material for the fins and propeller since the sizes of those parts will be larger than the machines can do here at UF. So i was suggesting we get a rapid prototyping company to build the parts for us...including the trays needed for the enclosures.

The material for the fins and props will both be made out of carbon, most likely the mold will be generated from the rapid prototyped material.
Back to top Go down
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm

hmm, do you think we'll be printing a decent amount of rapid prototype beyond the trays? That is a lot of money for something if we'll only make a few small parts for.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Apart from the couple of trays I don't think so. It wouldnt be bad though to get some for future usage.
Back to top Go down
Dana
Look at me im useful
Dana

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:44 pm

if you think we'll get use out of it, sure. but if its something we're going to pay out the ass for, and only use a small amount, then i'd say no.
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 am

The rapid prototype material should be handy to have around, especially if any specialty brackets or anything need to be made, I'd say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pressure Transducer   Pressure Transducer Empty

Back to top Go down

Pressure Transducer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UF - HPS :: HPS :: Submarine Forum :: Control surfaces-
Jump to: