UF - HPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Powered Submarine forums - http://hps.mae.ufl.edu/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THINGS WE NEED!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcos
I do important things of importance
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 am

1) New website.
2) More sponsors (would be nice to link to our new website).
3) Sub Dynamics Equations (I need to find more books)...

Others?
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 am

For the sub dynamics equations, can't we just look at it as trying to make it statically stable? I mean we don't need to be trying to pull Krazy Ivans or anything extreme, I think we could just model it as a quasi-equilibrium setup.
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am

I actually wanted to model it at trim and have every control reaction be a deviation from trim; just like in Stab+Con.
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 am

Isn't that pretty much what I just said?
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 am

Technically, yes. I just don't like calling quasi-equilibrium, because it implies on the verge of movement without movement. I prefer deviations from trim.
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:49 am

Ah, I think you might be thinking of quiescent though, quasi-equilibrium is really more like steady but not really. Like quasi-one-dimensional flow through a converging and/or diverging nozzle, its pretty much 1-D in that everything's moving in the x-direction, but there's also movement in the y- and z-directions, but they're just not important enough for anyone to care.

But really I think we'd be fine if it was setup so that every time the system sensed a disturbance in the force, the Jedi's would come out and put it back where it was.
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:14 am

I agree, I just don't want any farm boys launching proton torpedoes into any of our newly manufactured Death Stars.
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:49 am

I think we could probably just board it up....

By the way, you said something about a paper on prop design, do you think you could send it to me or link it?
Back to top Go down
Marcos
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Sent to you, we briefly discussed the two papers I sent you.

I've been really busy, but I'm finding more time in the coming weeks, so I have time to develop things without personal crises coming in the way.
Back to top Go down
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Sweet...

By the way, I've been seeing a lot of different flap styles (which is basically what I think we're looking at using, unless you've come up with something better) and I think we may want to take a look at exactly how we want to do the flaps as some ways may be better than others.
Back to top Go down
Turner
That materials guy
Turner

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 pm

ok someone tell me what you want on website and ill have a blank template within two weeks fools
Back to top Go down
https://ufhps.forumotion.com
Morford
Wall Crash Test Dummy
Morford

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Hmmm, I'd say you can model it after the previous ones, but specifically we need:

1) contact info and team members
2) a page for sponsors
3) a page for media (films, pictures, etc)
4) perhaps an update thing to let visitors know what we are up to

I dunno what else.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Ok....now im just wasting time
Blue

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 am

btw Eric and Fuzy Mike were going to update our website since "some-one" takes too damn long! I will let Eric know of the changes u want Morford...Turner if you want to work on it also i have the information for you to alter the page
Back to top Go down
Turner
That materials guy
Turner

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

alright whatever dude i kept telling i needed info is all if they wanna let them do it.....whatever floats your boat
Back to top Go down
https://ufhps.forumotion.com
Marcos
Marcos

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 am

I like the new color-scheme, or I've been away too long to remember what colors it used to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THINGS WE NEED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THINGS WE NEED!   THINGS WE NEED! Empty

Back to top Go down

THINGS WE NEED!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UF - HPS :: HPS :: Submarine Forum-
Jump to: